upper link bracket doesn't fit

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

rallison203
Volunteer Poster

upper link bracket doesn't fit

Postby rallison203 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:01 am

I'm working with Hoye tech support on this. I recently bought a Hoye three point hitch kit designed to convert my YM1301D original 2 point system. The kit includes an upper link bracket sold by several vendors under these part numbers:

Hoye part # TLB-1401
Tisco 194340-10010
Sparex 70548

The bracket doesn't fit and we're scratching our heads. (Neither does the bolt kit.)

Hoye says they've sold several with no complaints but I'm confident I have a standard 1301 setup. Everyone agrees it fits the 1401. Some websites say it's also compatible with the 1301, while others say 1300. I suspect the latter is correct.

Does anyone have experience installing an upper link bracket on a YM1301D? I'm concerned with using a steel bracket bolted to aluminum castings:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/yanm ... mount.html

Here's my new bracket that doesn't fit. Anybody?

http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/ralli ... r%20215702

Aaron
Site Administrator

Re: upper link bracket doesn't fit

Postby Aaron » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:50 am

I'm not really sure why that isn't fitting. It could be that there was a design change on the 1301 somewhere. I don't have a 1301 here that I can check out. All I can really go by is that we have sold a few for the 1301 that were never returned or reported issues and the catalog says it should fit.

You really only have two option though from what I see.
1)- Adapt that bracket to fit (drill new holes or elongate the existing holes)
2)- Hire a local welder to custom fabricate something.

I will make a note on our product listing about potential issues with the 1301 though and will be happy to provide a return shipping label if you want to send it back.

rallison203
Volunteer Poster

Postby rallison203 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:16 pm

Yes please email me the return label. This weekend I installed the lower bracket assembly which fits fine. The links and arms all fit. Just the upper bracket is off. I ended up chaining the upper link attachment on my weight bucket to the tractor's 2 point hitch bracket. Seems fine. I'll post pics.

rallison203
Volunteer Poster

YM1301D fabricated upper link bracket

Postby rallison203 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:52 pm

NEWLY FABRICATED YM1301D TOP LINK BRACKET

Ok here's my new newly fabricated top upper link bracket. This was NOT cheap. But it will certainly do the job.

Note the studs installed into the 6 rear-facing bolt holes. He also welded a a couple of plates on top, for shear strength, catching 4 bolts at the rear of the trans housing and under the seat.

Six studs fully seated using red threadlocker. Six sets of nuts and four bolts installed with blue threadlocker. Total of 10 studs and bolts - you could hang the tractor from this thing !!

camarkarian
Volunteer Poster

Postby camarkarian » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:40 pm

I have an 1100. The upper link I get from Hoye fit just right with 4 bolts. But, I don’t have a lower link assembly and need that. Hoye doesn’t have it and suggested fabricating one. Had anyone done that? Any pictures you can share?

Return to “Tech Support”