Need some info on starting up a 1500 thats been sitting up

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

rblair13
Volunteer Poster

Need some info on starting up a 1500 thats been sitting up

Postby rblair13 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:32 pm

A boy across the street has given me a Yanma 1500 tractor that has been sitting outside for approximately 12 years. I use to work on tractors 40 years ago, so I have the knowledge to repair this one. But it's been sitting so long I don't know Where to start. What should I do and check before cranking it up. Or is it worth even trying at all. I know that it' will need new tires and battery and I will have to change all fuilds, clean fuel tank and lines and the clutch will probably be stuck Can some body recommend any other things to do to make it go smooth. Also it's missing the three point hitch bars , links and center link.

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: Need some info on starting up a 1500 thats been sitting

Postby winston » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:18 pm

You will probably get more response if you post this under Tech Support. I would wager the engine oil and transmission will be water contaminated if it has set outside 12 years. May be locked up. Have you checked? Was it running when set up?

rblair13
Volunteer Poster

Re: Need some info on starting up a 1500 thats been sitting

Postby rblair13 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:50 pm

I haven't checked anything out yet, but it was running when he set it up. May have to get a bore scope and look into the cylinders if iot doesn't turn over by hand.

Return to “Tech Support”