Yanmar Tractor Support Message Board

Welcome to the Hoye Tractor technical support forum.

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Yanmar 1610d blowing oil
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:40 pm 
I just purchased a 1610d and within two hours of running the tractor it started blowing oil out of a hose that comes off of the top of the engine. Also when i pull the dipstick oil gushes out. I'm guessing blockage somewhere? oil light has never come on.(still waiting for a call back from the dealer)Anyone have any ideas?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:09 pm 
Volunteer Poster

One of three things. 1. Your injection pump has went south and is pouring diesel into your crankcase. 2. Your hydraulic pump seal has gone out and it is leaking hydraulic fluid into your crankcase. 3. Blown head gasket and water is flooding your crankcase. Trouble shoot by looking at fluid levels on these three items. Your going to find one of them low.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:40 pm 
I did check the trans/hydro fluid and there was nothing on the dipstick, I added 1.5 gallons of fluid and still nothing. I can't get the tractor into gear. I haven't seen any leaks underneath, must be internal?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:29 pm 
Volunteer Poster

Most likely seal on hydraulic pump located front right on engine. http://www.hoyetractor.com/mm5/merchant ... de=1610HYD Does your crankcase oil look like hydraulic fluid?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:28 am 
The oil did have a funny color to it. Hopefully the dealer will cover the repair seeing how they had it in their shop for a week "going over" it prior to delivery.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:25 am 
Volunteer Poster

If the dealer won't help, unless you bought it "as is" you can try to recover your outlay in Small Claims Court. In many jurisdictions there's an "implied warranty," and your tractor's problem doesn't sound like it could be the operator's fault.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:30 am 
Tractor was picked up yesterday and seals on hydro pump are being fixed, thanks for all the info.