Yanmar Tractor How To Videos - new!

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

Aaron
Site Administrator

Yanmar Tractor How To Videos - new!

Postby Aaron » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:56 am

We have just finished up the first of many How To videos. Our first video takes you step by step through a steering gearbox rebuild. More videos will be uploaded during the next couple weeks. Please feel free to suggest a topic that you would like to see or let us know if you have any suggestions.

Added 2-04-2010 - Starter Solenoid Replacement

Yanmar How To Videos

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: Yanmar Tractor How To Videos - new!

Postby winston » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:25 pm

Great job. Very informative. Thanks.

Carey
Volunteer Poster

Postby Carey » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:36 pm

Aaron did you really have to stop to answer the Phone also hehehe!! :lol: Thanks always better to see how it's done and what involved. I will be definitly watching for more.

Arnold
Volunteer Poster

Postby Arnold » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:16 pm

Aaron,
Great video. Very helpful

Video suggestion: How about one showing how to replace bearings and seals on the front drive (4 wheel drive tractor)

Aaron
Site Administrator

Postby Aaron » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:47 am

Aaron did you really have to stop to answer the Phone also hehehe!!

We get so conditioned to that ring after hearing it all day long. I didn't really even notice it until I was showing some of the guys here the videos and, when that part came up, they all reached for the phone. I thought that was pretty funny.

Video suggestion: How about one showing how to replace bearings and seals on the front drive (4 wheel drive tractor)

We would really like to do one of those. We are going to try to find a complete front axle that we can tear apart.

paul123

Postby paul123 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:21 pm

Aaron, I watched your video on the steering box and found it so good I bought a whole new unit already put together. My problem is with the Pitman arm. I have a puller for it, tighten it up and tap on the head of the bolt and get no movement. Because i am replacing the whole unit, is there a way to push the shaft back the other way to release it from the arm? I look forward to your response thanks!

Aaron
Site Administrator

Postby Aaron » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:38 pm

Aaron, I watched your video on the steering box and found it so good I bought a whole new unit already put together.

:lol: That was our secret plan- make it look so complicated everyone would just buy a complete gearbox :twisted: :lol:

My problem is with the Pitman arm.

Yup. Unfortunately, that will be one of the hardest parts of the job even if you get the complete new box. My only suggestion (and what we do here).... a good puller, lots of pressure on it, and then large amounts of heat on the pitman arm splines very fast. You need a torch (preferably an Oxy Acetylene setup but a cheap Butane soldering torch will work too) and try to get the pitman arm almost red hot so it expands before the shaft gets hot and expands too. It may take several hot/cool cycles to get it off.

clemson

Postby clemson » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:59 am

Man you did the whole solonoid replacement on camera onehanded, but you werent holding the camera with the other (as it was so still, must have been on a t-pod) i guess the reason was so not to block the demonstration and what you were doing.

kenp

Postby kenp » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:00 am

Aaron,

Your steering box video was great. How about doing one for the lift system?

Thanks,

KenP

agirlandhertractor
Volunteer Poster

Postby agirlandhertractor » Sun May 30, 2010 6:10 am

I need to replace my brakes soon - please put something together for brake shoe replacement/service.

thanks!

Aaron
Site Administrator

Postby Aaron » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:54 pm

Thank you all for the great suggestions. They are all added to our list to work on. We have been so busy that we will, unfortunately, not get any more videos made until this fall when it slows down.

Please keep the suggestions coming though!

glenn
Volunteer Poster

Postby glenn » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:59 am

Thanks for the video!!
Great job

davidp57
Volunteer Poster

Postby davidp57 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:38 pm

glenn wrote:Thanks for the video!!
Great job

made my job so much easier...I rebuilt the steering box,but now I have a film of oil on the housing..I dont see any leasks or seapage..

davidp57
Volunteer Poster

Postby davidp57 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:39 pm

glenn wrote:Thanks for the video!!
Great job

made my job so much easier...I rebuilt the steering box,but now I have a film of oil on the housing..I dont see any leasks or seapage..

Bokwan
Volunteer Poster

Postby Bokwan » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:31 pm

Wondering if you can post a video on how to replace the end bearing (6207-2RS) on a RS1200 Tiller

Return to “Tech Support”