Shifting problem

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

Kidnyc26
Volunteer Poster

Shifting problem

Postby Kidnyc26 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:15 pm

Hello
My YM165D is having shift problem when the tractor is in working speed it will only move in first gear but not in reverse second or third also the PTO spins when in neutral in travel gear or high the tractor moves in first gear and slowly builds up speed the PTO is neutral when in the travel speed or high would this problem be associated with a clutch issue or a gear/shifting issue your help is greatly appreciated
Thanks
Bill
Last edited by Kidnyc26 on Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kidnyc26
Volunteer Poster

Shift problem

Postby Kidnyc26 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:03 pm

Hello
I have a 165D the problem is when I put it in gear the tractor won’t move then slowly picks up speed it happens in high and low in every gear except first gear when it’s in low the PTO spins and won’t go into neutral until you put it in high then the PTO is neutral would this be a clutch problem or a transfer case problem

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: Shift problem

Postby winston » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:40 am

Not sure I am completely understanding. Will the pto turn "with power" and immediately get up to speed when letting the clutch out . If not, either bad clutch or splined coupling at end of clutch shaft.

Kidnyc26
Volunteer Poster

My 165D is having shifting problems

Postby Kidnyc26 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:17 pm

Hello
My ym165D is having shift problems what’s happening is when I’m working speed low tractor moves but it will not move in the other 2 gears and the PTO spins when it’s in neutral but not but does not spin in travel speed high also the tractor will move in first gear in high but reverse goes real slow then slowly picks up speed it does it also in second and third speed would this be a clutch or a shift problem every now and then before problem occurred it would pop out of gear
Any help is appreciated

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: My 165D is having shifting problems

Postby winston » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:14 pm

I would suggest getting against an immovable object (maybe tree) and put in a higher gear. Let out of clutch, if no wheel spinning and engine continues to run then your clutch or splined coupling is bad. Either requires split.

Kidnyc26
Volunteer Poster

Re: Shifting problem

Postby Kidnyc26 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:23 am

Hello
My YM165D is having shift problem when the tractor is in working speed it will only move in first gear but not in reverse second or third also the PTO spins when in neutral in travel gear or high the tractor moves in first gear and slowly builds up speed the PTO is neutral when in the travel speed or high would this problem be associated with a clutch issue or a gear/shifting issue your help is greatly appreciated
Thanks
Bill

Kidnyc26
Volunteer Poster

Re: Shift problem

Postby Kidnyc26 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:04 am

Yes PTO spins up to speed when clutch is released in high and stops when put in neutral but when in low PTO spins in neutral also when low tractor moves in first gear only will not move with higher gears except when in travel speed or high the tractor moves very slow then picks up speed it does it in all gears when in travel speed

Kidnyc26
Volunteer Poster

Re: My 165D is having shifting problems

Postby Kidnyc26 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:10 am

Hello
Do you have a diagram of the splined coupling
Thanks

Aaron
Site Administrator

Postby Aaron » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:48 am

I merged all of your posts into this one. Please just reply to this one topic. It makes it very hard to help when you repost the same question in many different topics.

https://www.hoyetractor.com/PROD/SC-155.htm

Kidnyc26
Volunteer Poster

Postby Kidnyc26 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:51 am

Hello
Sorry for the multiple posts had some trouble navigating the message board so let me say thank for both responses my next question would be are all the parts available from Hoye tractor
Thanks
Bill

Kidnyc26
Volunteer Poster

Postby Kidnyc26 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:48 am

Hello
Would anyone happen to have the torque settings for the clutch pressure plate bolts and the bolts for the bolts that tie the tractor half’s together
Thank you
Bill

Aaron
Site Administrator

Postby Aaron » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:54 am

I don't think there are specific torques for those. You would just use a torque chart like below.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=me ... que+chart&

Return to “Tech Support”