post hole digger

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

Papa
Volunteer Poster

post hole digger

Postby Papa » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:54 pm

I'm looking for a good post hole digger for my Yanmar 324 I thing Only need a 9x 48 auger I want to stay way under $1000 any help would be great

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: post hole digger

Postby winston » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:57 pm

Papa
Volunteer Poster

Postby Papa » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:36 am

I live 30 miles east of cleveland Ohio

Papa
Volunteer Poster

Postby Papa » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:02 pm

looking at my Yanmar SA324 specs I see that it only has a limited cat.1 3point do you think a cat 1 post hole digger will work on my tractor

PatrickHanna
Volunteer Poster

Postby PatrickHanna » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:26 pm

I bought a County Line post hole digger from Tractor Supply about four or five years ago. It was around $550, and I spent about $150 for a nine inch auger. My YM1500, which has less PTO power than your tractor, has absolutely no problem powering the thing. I've used it to dig through all types of soil in western PA, including hard packed clay and areas that were full of sandstone.

I'm not sure that your tractor would have enough range of motion on your three point hitch for this post hole digger, but that opinion is based on nothing other than looking at a picture of what you have on tractordata.com, and I could be completely wrong about that.

I've used my post hole digger for hundreds of fence posts and for things like starting holes for planting trees in tough, rocky soil. The only real problems I've had with it are its tendency to screw into the ground if you're not fast enough with lifting it back out, and the fact that the front of my tractor was too light before I had a loader on. Other than replacing shear bolts once or twice I've had no mechanical issues at all. Hooking it up by yourself is a bear, but I think that's true for most three point mounted augers.

Papa
Volunteer Poster

Postby Papa » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:08 am

thank you that's is what I need to help me buy that same PHD

Return to “Tech Support”