What batterie 226D

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

Kuhnsja
Volunteer Poster

What batterie 226D

Postby Kuhnsja » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:19 pm

Was thinking of trying a AGM batterie. Have no idea what size. Anyone have any ideas. If this is a bad idea then what size regular batterie. I live in west Michigan winters can get cold. Please and thanks

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: What batterie 226D

Postby winston » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:10 pm

The 226 manual calls for a group 24 battery, 270 cold cranking amps, reserve capacity 80. What AGM battery would match that I have no idea.

Kuhnsja
Volunteer Poster

Postby Kuhnsja » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:14 pm

Thank you that should help me get it close. From what I’m reading the AGM batterie is not necessary or practical. I was just hoping to get a bullet proof batterie that didn’t mind the cold . I’ve been recommended to jus use a tender in the winter. Thanks again

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:16 am

Kuhnsja wrote:Thank you that should help me get it close. From what I’m reading the AGM batterie is not necessary or practical. I was just hoping to get a bullet proof batterie that didn’t mind the cold . I’ve been recommended to jus use a tender in the winter. Thanks again

I am a cheapskate but have had good luck with the Walmart sold batteries. At the same time I don't face the extreme cold here in Northeast Texas.

Kuhnsja
Volunteer Poster

Postby Kuhnsja » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:58 pm

I was thinking of replacing the battery because the tractor rolled super slow the other day but started on like the second roll. I tried again a few days later an the tractor rolled really slow the sped up and was rolling fine. So maybe the battery is fine after all. Just don’t know why it barley rolled at first then speeds up.

Return to “Tech Support”