Hydraulic fluid level check

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

elpip11
Volunteer Poster

Hydraulic fluid level check

Postby elpip11 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:14 pm

I am curious about how to check the proper hydraulic fluid level on my Yanmar YM 2010. First, do I screw the threads in when I am checking or just insert the dipstick until the threads touch? Secondly, where is the proper level on my dipstick? There is some checkering/lines on the bottom half of the flat part of my dipstick and then it is smooth on the top half of the flat part before the dipstick turns round. Should the level be to the top of the checkering part or to the top of the flat part? I hope that makes sense.

The reason I am asking is because today I was using my rotary cutter for about an hour and then my powershift starting working intermittently. I used it in reverse one time and had to mess with it for a while before it would start moving forward again. I drove it a short distance and stopped again and then the tractor wouldn't move again. It would sound as if there was a load on the tractor motor for a short period when I would release the clutch but it never would move. I shut the tractor off for a while and when I started it back up I was able to get it moving and put it in the shop.

Any help is appreciated.

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: Hydraulic fluid level check

Postby winston » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:46 pm

Dipstick setting on threads not screwed in. Top of checkered. When is the last time you cleaned the suction screen?

elpip11
Volunteer Poster

Re: Hydraulic fluid level check

Postby elpip11 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:02 pm

I have been checking it wrong then and I may be low on fluid. I will check it correctly in the morning.

This is actually the first time I have used the tractor since the screen was cleaned. I recently changed all my fluids and cleaned the screen. I had to change the fluids because the seals behind my brake drums were leaking so I drained and changed all the fluids and cleaned the screen when I replaced the seals.

Return to “Tech Support”