Bleeding Yanmar 2qm15 injector pump

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

Le Blurr
Volunteer Poster

Bleeding Yanmar 2qm15 injector pump

Postby Le Blurr » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:27 pm

I recently replaced the fuel filter and attempted to prime the system. One cylinder/line primed no problem, up to the injector, however, the rear line coming out of the injector pump won't prime. No fuel comes out with the manual lever, or when turned over with the compression levers opened. Is this a problem in the injector pump? I've looked everywhere for what could be causing this and it seems to be a unique problem. The fuel shut off appears to be fully disengaged, and the motor ran fine before changing the filter.
There is no bleed screw that I see on the injector pump for the 2qm15. Is it possible there is an air lock in the pump?

Aaron
Site Administrator

Re: Bleeding Yanmar 2qm15 injector pump

Postby Aaron » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:47 pm

Le Blurr
Volunteer Poster

Postby Le Blurr » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:23 pm

Thank you. I suspected it was something like that. Do you think forcing compressed air in the output side might free it up? I'm going to try the tapping while cranking first.

Aaron
Site Administrator

Postby Aaron » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:36 pm

I'm not sure about the compressed air. Might be worth a try. That spring is pretty tough though so if it can't push the plunger down I don't think compressed air would either but I might be wrong.

Return to “Tech Support”