169D clutch replacement info

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

scrappy1
Volunteer Poster

169D clutch replacement info

Postby scrappy1 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:31 pm

Hi.
After watching several Youtube videos about Yanmar clutch replacement, it seems like the steering wheel and dash cowl must be removed to split the machines. But, as I inspect and study the way my 169D is assembled, it sure looks like this tractor splits in front of the dash cowl. Does anyone know if that's accurate?
Thanks.

Aaron
Site Administrator

Re: 169D clutch replacement info

Postby Aaron » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:21 am

You could probably do it either way. If you leave the dash on the rear half of the split then you have a lot more wires and stuff to unhook (since almost all of the wiring /controls/cables from the dash goes forward to engine & battery). If you leave it on the front half then you basically just have to unhook the fender lights.

scrappy1
Volunteer Poster

Postby scrappy1 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:32 pm

Thanks. Since it appears the steering wheel would be destroyed trying to remove it, I'm going with leaving the dash on the back half. I got the FEL sub frame off today (not trying to rush this). I have the factory manual for the YFL580 loader, and it appears that the loader might also fit other Yanmars. Is there a way to check that?

Aaron
Site Administrator

Postby Aaron » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:10 am

appears the steering wheel would be destroyed trying to remove it

It usually is not that bad. The steering wheel in our video was extra obnoxious for some reason. Usually they come off much easier than that.

Return to “Tech Support”