2310d pump shaft key

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

James J
Volunteer Poster

2310d pump shaft key

Postby James J » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:56 pm

I was using my tractor the other day. I let it sit over night and now I have no response from the hydraulics. I have seen a lot of mention of pump shaft key going out on this site. Does anyone have a link to a parts diagram or something i can look at to show the location of this part. I don't want to do something that may cause more damage or cost me more $$$$$ ... :?: :?:

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: 2310d pump shaft key

Postby winston » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:40 pm

Why would you think the key stripped? Fluid good and good level? Suction strainer clean? https://www.hoyetractor.com/CTGY/2310HYD.htm

James J
Volunteer Poster

Postby James J » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:30 pm

Because it was working just fine the day before. When I started it the next day it had zero pressure. At least I think no pressure, as I got no response from FEL or 3 point. Was low on oil but still on stick when I checked it. Did not check filter. Also fairly clueless as to where any of these things are located.

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:28 am

Your transmission housing is the hydraulic/transmission fluid tank and your suction screen is located behind a round cover plate with 2 bolts just in front of the rear axle left side. (sitting in the seat left) If you go this route be ready to catch around 5 gallons of fluid.

Good article here to read. Make sure your stop valve is open, the round handle circled in red. https://www.hoyetractor.com/brokenlift.htm

Might also read through this thread for more information: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7748

James J
Volunteer Poster

Postby James J » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:14 pm

Thank you for the help. I'll check those out first. Before I tear any deeper into the pump.

Return to “Tech Support”