Hydraulic fluid leak

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

cswiger
Volunteer Poster

Hydraulic fluid leak

Postby cswiger » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:31 am

I have been a long time follower of the forum and have learned a great deal from the other participants. I have a question for the forum now and would greatly appreciate any help you can give me. I have a 2310D that has recently started to leak hydraulic fluid at an alarming rate. After cleaning the area I started the tractor and looked for the source of the leak. What I have found is a round plastic plug on the right side of the transmission that is a push in cover of some sort. It doesn't appear to have a gasket or o-ring of any kind of seal. When I removed the plug I can see inside the transmission. When the tractor is running the cover rotates freely and fluid burps out around it. I have no idea what I'm looking at or for. Any help or suggestions would be fantastic. I will try to attach a picture of the area. Thanks.
Yanmar Hydraulic Leak (2).jpg
Yanmar Hydraulic Leak (2).jpg (216.08 KiB) Viewed 101 times

Aaron
Site Administrator

Re: Hydraulic fluid leak

Postby Aaron » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:21 am

That is your bellhousing and it should be dry in there. If you have transmission oil in there then either the powershift pump seal or one of the transmission gaskets in there is leaking.

https://www.hoyetractor.com/ClutchVideo.htm

Return to “Tech Support”