FEL Problem: Air in hydraulics?

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

mikebrinson
Volunteer Poster

FEL Problem: Air in hydraulics?

Postby mikebrinson » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:40 pm

The bucket tilt function became sluggish and even caused the engine to stall during operation. I noticed a significant leak at one of the fittings in the hydraulic lines. I tightened the fitting and the leak stopped. The performance of the bucket improved, but still seems to be sluggish and continues to cause the engine to labor. Could there be air introduced to the hydraulic system at the leaky fitting causing this?

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: FEL Problem: Air in hydraulics?

Postby winston » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:52 pm

If you have any quick disconnects be sure and double check them making sure they are fully connected.

mikebrinson
Volunteer Poster

Postby mikebrinson » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:44 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply.

My system doesn't have quick disconnects, however I discovered my problem. The 3-point hitch, when in the fully raised position (position handle pulled fully to the rear in the detent/notch), makes the hydraulic system sound as it it is straining. I have a box blade attached for a counter weight. I moved the handle forward about and inch and the system sounded smoother. The FEL worked flawlessly with the 3-point lever in this slightly forward position. I suppose the 3-point hitch and FEL were competing with each other. Perhaps there is a mechanical adjustment I need to make with the 3-point lever linkage.

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:51 am

mikebrinson wrote:Thanks for the prompt reply.

My system doesn't have quick disconnects, however I discovered my problem. The 3-point hitch, when in the fully raised position (position handle pulled fully to the rear in the detent/notch), makes the hydraulic system sound as it it is straining. I have a box blade attached for a counter weight. I moved the handle forward about and inch and the system sounded smoother. The FEL worked flawlessly with the 3-point lever in this slightly forward position. I suppose the 3-point hitch and FEL were competing with each other. Perhaps there is a mechanical adjustment I need to make with the 3-point lever linkage.

You need to make sue all your linkage on the 3 point control is not binding in some way. If not, then maybe adjustment on the feedback linkage.

mikebrinson
Volunteer Poster

Postby mikebrinson » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:34 am

Which part is the feedback linkage?

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:56 am

Email me at mabe1945@hotmail.com and I will send you a pdf file showing hydraulics on a 240. I think your 1610 is very similar.

Return to “Tech Support”