School me... F37D PTO actuation not working

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

tarakai Phil
Volunteer Poster

School me... F37D PTO actuation not working

Postby tarakai Phil » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:31 am

Hi All
Can anyone explain how the PTO actuation lever operates and engages to start the PTO. I have a problem in that the on/off lever seems to be inoperative, although the dashboard PTO light comes on when the lever is lifted to on. When the engine is off I can manually engage any gear 1-4 on the PTO gear selector, start the engine and the PTO will turn at various speeds depending on gear selected. With the engine running I cannot shift the PTO lever at all, to any position either with clutch in or not. The engine must be off. As stated when a PTO gear is selected and engine running, the clutch has no effect. Can anyone help.
Regards Phil. NSW Australia

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: School me... F37D PTO actuation not working

Postby winston » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:32 pm

No help from me. I think you have a pretty rare tractor. Might consider purchasing a parts manual. They can sometimes be a great assistance in seeing how things fit together. They do come in Japanese but the pictures are most helpful. Some newer model tractors (not necessarily Yanmar) have pto's that have hydraulic clutches internally and are activated by a solenoid that diverts hydraulic pressure to those clutches. Again, only putting a thought out there, I personally am ignorant on your F37D.

tarakai Phil
Volunteer Poster

Postby tarakai Phil » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:28 am

Thanks Winston.

I got to work and removed the floor plates and the plastic covers to the central column. The PTO is activated with a simple morse control lever that runs down to the LH side next to the PTO linkage inputs into the case. Somehow the cable had seized and it didnt take to much to free it up. All controls function perfectly now.

Thanks Phil

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:29 am

Glad to hear your up and running.

Return to “Tech Support”