Three-point log splitter hookup

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

MizzouBeach
Volunteer Poster

Three-point log splitter hookup

Postby MizzouBeach » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:52 pm

So, I just bought a 3-point mounted log splitter at an auction, and I need to know how to hook it up to my YM2210. Any help on this?

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: Three-point log splitter hookup

Postby winston » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:36 am

Being a cheapskate here is my solution believing you have a loader. I would buy two long hoses, ad quick disconnects to the curl outlets on your loader valve. Determine which way you want to bungee the loader control valve. Establish which hose is then the outlet and hook that hose into the inlet side of your splitter control valve and the other hose to the remaining openings. You are then set to go by pulling the curl the proper direction and bungee it open. At that point your splitter valve will control flow.

You may be disappointed in splitter speed but maybe your like me and in no hurry.

This sight has very reasonable hoses most any length you want. https://www.surpluscenter.com/shop.axd/ ... iption+asc

Hope this makes sense to you. I have never done this and offer no warranties on my advice and proceed with caution. :D

MizzouBeach
Volunteer Poster

Postby MizzouBeach » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:35 am

Thanks, Winston. I was concerned about the splitter speed, because the loader seems to move slowly. I was wondering if there was any way to speed it up by putting some kind of (whatever the opposite of a reduction gear is) on the pump. Step-up gear?

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:34 pm

Nope, I don't think so.

Return to “Tech Support”