Yanmar SA424 loader hydraulic lift

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

tractorbob
Volunteer Poster

Yanmar SA424 loader hydraulic lift

Postby tractorbob » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:49 pm

Hello all,
Rather still a new member, so I do hope this is in the right section. I had noticed my Yanmar SA424 loader bleed off after a while, so I wanted to confirm. At 1600lbs load, the bucket begins to drop pressure at a rate of roughly 10lbs of load per sec. I realize this may be in overload state, so I dropped the load to 800lbs, and the bucket will still "bleed off", or lose load pressure at a rate of perhaps 30lbs/min.
I am trying to determine what needs to be looked at/replaced. Do I just require new hydraulic cylinder seals? Is there something else I'm not even aware of? Nothing leaks externally, and I only noticed this issue when I would park the tractor with the bucket flat, only to return 3 days later and find the front of the bucket pitched up, and visually confirmed it when testing max loads watching the scale. Thank you for any information.

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: Yanmar SA424 loader hydraulic lift

Postby winston » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:08 pm

Pretty sure you are welcome here. This sight deals more with the older Yanmars so only speaking for myself. I am old and slow so humor me. I am not fully understanding which cylinders might be leaking. Lift cylinders or curl cylinders. Which ever, it would sound like fluid is leaking by the piston inside a cylinder. Unless it is causing problems I would probably ignore it.

Out of curiosity, does did your tractor come with a pressure gauge on it?

Aaron
Site Administrator

Postby Aaron » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:30 am

Is the loader actually lowering or are you just wondering why there is a pressure drop? It is normal for a loader to slowly lower over time. Unless it causes problems in a normal work situation or leaks externally- I don't ever worry about it.

tractorbob
Volunteer Poster

Postby tractorbob » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:26 pm

Aaron wrote:Is the loader actually lowering or are you just wondering why there is a pressure drop? It is normal for a loader to slowly lower over time. Unless it causes problems in a normal work situation or leaks externally- I don't ever worry about it.

Thank you both! I will just leave it be then. I was referring to the lift cylinders, and not the curl. Was more curious about the pressure drop; it does not cause any issues.
I was just testing the maximum lift load capacity with my crane scale, and only noticed when I saw the numbers dropping off. I thought it would hold any weight steady, but day to day it is not noticable. Again, thanks so much. :D

small Screenshot_20200819-165002_Photos.jpg
small Screenshot_20200819-165002_Photos.jpg (130 KiB) Viewed 613 times

tractorbob
Volunteer Poster

Postby tractorbob » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:37 pm

winston wrote:Pretty sure you are welcome here. This sight deals more with the older Yanmars so only speaking for myself. I am old and slow so humor me. I am not fully understanding which cylinders might be leaking. Lift cylinders or curl cylinders. Which ever, it would sound like fluid is leaking by the piston inside a cylinder. Unless it is causing problems I would probably ignore it.

Out of curiosity, does did your tractor come with a pressure gauge on it?

Thank you sir. I had hoped to reply to both messages, but I am new to forums. I will just ignore the slight leakage of the lift cylinders, and to answer your question, I just placed my crane scale between the bucket and a thick steel rod. I honestly thought I had an issue, and was already pricing rebuild kits. It is only 2015 with 300hours on it, but it seems the previous owner was a construction company, which concerned me.

Return to “Tech Support”