YM240DT with Yanmar loader, droopy bucket!

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

nodoubleg
Volunteer Poster

YM240DT with Yanmar loader, droopy bucket!

Postby nodoubleg » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:56 pm

Hi all,

I recently picked up a YM240DT to use around the yard to move firewood, run a mower, etc.

The FEL on it has always had a little tiny bit of sag to it, where the bucket would be on the ground if left overnight, but it wasn’t really observable in person. The loader is still the same for lift (probably droops, but really really slow), but for curl, the bucket droops to hanging loosely within a couple/few minutes. I swapped the connections on the control valve between lift and curl, and curl was still dropping while lift was holding steady. There’s also no leaks around the fittings or hoses that I’ve been able to detect. Certainly nothing that’d leak the volume for that quick of a droop.

Doing some googling, it looks like a rebuild of those cylinders is in my future. I also do need to replace the control valve at some point, but not for a while. Problem is, I can’t find any information about the Yanmar loaders that came on these things! I’d prefer to rebuild them instead of replacing the cylinders.

Thanks for any insight y’all can give!

Aaron
Site Administrator

Re: YM240DT with Yanmar loader, droopy bucket!

Postby Aaron » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:55 am

Your cylinders are likely leaking internally (oil seeping from one side of the piston to the other). Your best bet is to just take your cylinders to a local hydraulic shop. They will have the parts to rebuild them. Those seals and that sort of stuff is sometimes a pain to try to match up online. If you are not sure who does hydraulic work in your area try calling a local Kubota or Deere dealer and see who they send their hydraulic stuff to... or maybe they do it.

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:07 am

I should probably know but what does the T stand for in 240DT

Aaron
Site Administrator

Postby Aaron » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:30 am

I don't think there is actually a 'T' version. Maybe just a typo?

Return to “Tech Support”