YM2000 Control Valve O’ring

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

chadc5
Volunteer Poster

YM2000 Control Valve O’ring

Postby chadc5 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:26 am

Hello all,

Need some help/advice regarding my Yanmar YM2000 rear 3pt hydraulic lift system.

The O’ring between the Control Valve and the Cylinder Case keeps blowing (separating).

I bought the tractor with this issue (will not pick up a weighted load). Identified the blown O’ring and replaced with Hoye part per online schematic.

The tractor ran fine for a hour or so cutting grass; however, I stop to take a break and raised the rotary cutter up and the system lost pressure (implement lowered and would not lift again).

Removed the Control Valve and found the new O’ring blown (separated).

I was thinking about removing the Relief Valve on the side of the Cylinder Case for inspection.

I can’t seem to find any info on this subject. Any help would be much appreciated.

Aaron
Site Administrator

Re: YM2000 Control Valve O’ring

Postby Aaron » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:16 am

The only time I have ever heard of that was in the thread below. If you are already getting the correct o-ring then there must be something causing too much pressure or something wrong with that o-ring seat.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9897&p=36109#p36109

chadc5
Volunteer Poster

Postby chadc5 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:18 am

Aaron wrote:The only time I have ever heard of that was in the thread below. If you are already getting the correct o-ring then there must be something causing too much pressure or something wrong with that o-ring seat.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9897&p=36109#p36109

Thanks, Aaron.

I've got an extra O’ring and new gasket I ordered from you guys. I'm going to install it and try again.

The original Control Valve gasket is thicker than the one I received from you guys. Maybe the new (thinner) gasket will do the trick.

Thanks again!

Aaron
Site Administrator

Postby Aaron » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:25 am

The original Control Valve gasket is thicker than the one I received from you guys.

Yes a thicker gasket would cause the o-ring gap to be larger and could cause the oring to blow out also.

chadc5
Volunteer Poster

Postby chadc5 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:00 am

Aaron wrote:
The original Control Valve gasket is thicker than the one I received from you guys.

Yes a thicker gasket would cause the o-ring gap to be larger and could cause the oring to blow out also.

Thanks, I appreciate your time and help.

Return to “Tech Support”