Turn Signal/Flasher

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

Dave2610D
Volunteer Poster

Turn Signal/Flasher

Postby Dave2610D » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:36 am

Re-posting (not sure if it went through)....Is it possible to change out my left/right turn signal switch and install a three position switch to create a turn signal/flasher type of set up and still use my two prong relay? Will I have to change that and if so what type or prong count.....do I have to do any other wiring? Thanks

Aaron
Site Administrator

Re: Turn Signal/Flasher

Postby Aaron » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:11 am

The flasher is in the circuit before the switch so that should be just fine. It might flash faster when in the 'both' position but should work fine. The left/right/flasher switch should do all of the switching internally and should have 3 terminals just like the left/right switch. Did you have a switch in mind that you wanted to use?

Dave2610D
Volunteer Poster

Postby Dave2610D » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:42 am

I didn't have a switch picked out yet. The one I had was only a left/center off/right turn type switch. Arron, is their one you can suggest?

Aaron wrote:The flasher is in the circuit before the switch so that should be just fine. It might flash faster when in the 'both' position but should work fine. The left/right/flasher switch should do all of the switching internally and should have 3 terminals just like the left/right switch. Did you have a switch in mind that you wanted to use?

Aaron
Site Administrator

Postby Aaron » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:46 am

I really have not researched it but I know there are a lot of motorcycle turn/flasher switches on ebay that might work. I can't think of a time where I, personally, have ever needed turn signals on a tractor so I would probably just run the flashers off the original turn signal switch (tie both left & right together) or replace the turn signal switch with a regular toggle switch for the flashers. You could also hook up a toggle switch that would join the left & right together and then, in conjunction with the factory turn switch, give you a left, right, flash setup. Lots of options.

Return to “Tech Support”